The beauty of wooden flooring
The smooth texture and beautiful appearance of natural wooden flooring is the perfect solution for practically any decorating scheme. Whether you are going for a traditional country look, or a contemporary theme, the timeless appeal of wood will add warmth and elegance to any home. And the benefits don’t end there:
· Good quality wooden floors last for decades. With a minimal maintenance programme, these floors actually look better as the years go by.
· Wood flooring is more hygienic than carpets; they don't attract bugs and mites, trap dust or other allergens, so are ideal for allergy or asthma sufferers and pet owners.
· Wood floors are easier to clean than carpets. A simple brush or light vacuum keeps your wooden floors looking great. If dogs or children have dragged mud through the house a damp mop removes this muck with ease.
· The way your house smells is so important. Whereas some flooring can trap in unpleasant odours, the aroma of a polished wooden floor is a delight and will make your home more inviting.
· Wood provides a great medium to install underfloor heating, which is the most efficient way to heat your house.
· If after a few years your wood floor has been scratched or is a bit damaged due to heavy wear and tear, a simple sand and seal will bring it back to new again.
· Timeless appeal, whereas other floor types or designs go in and out of fashion, wood appeal has lasted centuries and is an extremely popular design.
Wood flooring samples are available on request
Solid wood is available in many different species, colours and finishes. It can be sanded down numerous times and coated in different finishes to change its feel and appearance. Due to all this it has an unsurpassed longevity.
Solid wood has to be attached to the sub floor ensuring a 'solid' feeling underfoot.
This flooring looks very similar to solid wood but is made of several layers of cross plywood, with an upper veneer layer of genuine solid wood (you decide which wood, colour and finish).
The cross ply structure of Engineered Wood gives strength and stability, making them suitable for kitchens, bathrooms and even some basements. They are ideal for under floor heating, easy to maintain and are hygienic. With the proper care and attention, your engineered wood floor will last a lifetime.
Laminate flooring is a very popular option due to its affordability and life span. It is made out of tough and durable material making it cheap and easy to care for.
With so many colours, styles and textures to choose from, they really are a cost effective flooring option for any room.
Contact us now to disucss your flooring needs.